Thursday, April 1, 2010

back to joining the navy...

dear friends,

  for the past couple of years i've been steadily working on joining the US Navy. i started the process back in '08 when i was living in dunedin, florida, but things were too complicated because i had made some mistakes, so i waited until i moved back home to THE bay area (in the tampa bay area they refer to it as the bay area, hence the correction) in order to facilitate the process. i didnt help matters when i got myself in trouble with the law again and i forced my self to wait until i had regained my physical happiness.

  now that i'm back at my "boxing weight" i'm happy and healthy and today, with the help of my younger bro, eric, i went to a recruiters office in pleasant hill and we have officially resumed the process of joining the navy. i say we, because it would not have been possible without eric. he used to be a recruiter for the marines, so he helped me to stay calm as i gave the navy recruiters every piece of information they would need in order to decide if i was worth their time.

  they confirmed my suspicions of my eligibility and i am happy to report that in about a week i should be finding out how soon i can be enlisted and going to training. i am absolutely fantabulously excited about this opportunity, so please understand that i have taken the time to weigh out all of the necessary risks and dangers before considering this option. according to the military aptitude test, i qualify for a lot of exciting positions, but we'll see if they can satisfy my request for a specific job, which i believe i should be able to get cleared for.

  because of my age the process is not as easy for the most elite position (nuclear engineer) but i have confidence the navy will find a way to make my dream a reality of simply joining them in the best position available to me. now that the process is officially under way, all i have to do is wait.

  again, thanks to all of you who previously knew about this decision and continued to support me throughout the process. your advice and counsel are invaluable and i will continue to rely on you any time i am in need of assistance processing and organizing my thoughts.

  i also realize that the timing of this announcement might make it seem like a joke, but i assure everyone that every word i have written, today or otherwise, is rooted in fact and honesty.

  thanks for reading!

edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment