Friday, August 30, 2013

|\...back in el salvador.../|

|\...yeah, baby, i'm back in my native land and i'm living it up like a boss. well, not exactly like a rich person, but rich enough that the TRULY poor people here would be supremely jealous of me if they didnt know i was a nice and decent guy.

* that being said, i have little expectations for the trip, so i can be pleasantly surprised when things begin to happen, or when i'm invited to go out. hopefully, i'll get to see my much older brother marco antonio renderos jr on this trip. he's slowly becoming a part of my life and i'd like to solidify our relationship after a lifetime of being apart.

  funny how life is, right? one minute one's sad and lonely getting locked up in hospitals for the dumbest things and the next one is jet-settng across the globe back home to see the family. i love my life because of the random things that happen, but some of things that are planned are just as nice.

* it must be mentioned that i recently met fred "martian" green and he's been a godsend to my life. poor guy, i wish i could afford to help him get his teeth fixed, but he's doing fine without my help. he's a gentle soul who takes care of me and enjoys my company, what more could i ask for. hopefully, he and i will be able to have a lot of fun before the end of the year. i have a feeling this is not the last that i will write about him, and that makes me excited for our friendship.

*  being here in el salvador always brings tears to my eyes, because i love it here so much and because this is my home. i get more respect here than in the states and people are MUCH nicer to me. i know that if i was dying of hunger, i could get a free meal out here easier than in the states.

  it is this difference that drives me to do something with my life that will allow me to retire here. i want to work hard as a stand-up comedian to retire my mom and to save enough money to retire here in style. i want to take care of the little kids who have one or no parents to support them, and i want to take care of my large family, too. there is so much i want to do, but i must remain patient if i'm going to do things right.

* not much to report right now, since i got in yesterday and had a pretty uneventful day, but all-in-all i'm super excited to be home. it is always nice to be here amongst my people, even if some of them think i'm an "american" because i've spent most of my life living in the states. doesnt matter to me, since those people are fewer than those supporting me for coming back home.

  i wonder now how much pain people feel who are never able to come back home. i spent 14 years of my life wanting to come back and i cried like a baby the last time i was here in december of '12, i cant imagine how much a longer absence must hurt. i spent 15 years trying to taste my favorite fruit, annona, and now my small dream has been satisfied. i now have all the annonas i could ever want to eat, and that's thanks to my amazing friens and family here in el salvador.

* today we will go visit tia juana and then we'll come back home to hang out with friends. who knows what the next 2 weeks will bring, but i'm open to any and all possibilities.

  i have to imagine that i'm NOT expecting to meet a nice woman down here so it can happen already. i want to have another texting buddy, like my friend flor zavaleta on facebook, but it must happen naturally and organically. if i dont learn how to let love come to me, i'm afraid it never will. we'll see how time treats me and i'll update this space accordingly.

* time to do other things, but thanks for reading...

edwin the penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment