Tuesday, August 24, 2010

sweltering heat induced rant about nothing; in other words: the usual...

  had a job interview today and was given a second interview, which will take up all of my thursday, and then i hope to move on to the third and final interview session. folks, wish me luck so that i may be granted said job. it's a promotional gig working for a large local sports and entertainment marketing company. somehow i stumbled upon their listing on craigslist and they contacted me about the aforementioned interview. i think someone "up there" really likes me, ha ha ha.

  that being said, i have some things to share...

* school started and my pre-calculus (trigonometry) class is already kicking my butt. or rather, chapter 1, with the inequalities and algebraic equations, is kicking my butt. i have to study them more to regain the aptitude which i demonstrated many moons ago. somehow, i am not surprised by my lack of a grasp on this subject matter. i feel like i lost some of my brain throughout this year's crazy ride, i was bound to lose something of significant value which i knew would be very difficult to replace. alas, we must not give up before a real effort has been attempted.

* maybe it's the fact that it's been so long since i shared myself so intimately with someone, maybe i just need to get laid, or maybe the feeling that has been gnawing at me for the past couple of weeks is real: i think i'm ready to find a girlfriend again. not that i'm in any rush, but i am certainly open to the idea. and why not? a man of humble means can be an excellent lover! money doesnt drive a man to explore a woman's body like she has never been explored before. money doesnt give a man the passion and desire necessary to fuel his desire. money can be used as a tool to reward a man to improve upon his behavior, but money alone does not make the man. so why do i have such a hangup about putting myself out there when everything around me is less-than-perfect? it probably has something to do with the fact that i'm a broke college student, ha ha ha. however, i know better than to let that stop me, but somehow it continues to paralyze me.

  i overanalyze these sorts of things all of the time. i know i'm fine just the way i am, but i want people to see that i am actively taking strides to improve upon the mediocre man i consider myself to be. mediocrity was never my ambition, and as recently as 5 months ago i was feeling the way i desire to feel right now: in tune, in shape, and out of control. well, not so much with the out of control, but you get what i'm saying; i was feeling like "my self". it's a feeling i continue to strive to reach. sooner or later my body will become entirely acquainted with this medication and i'll go back to feeling like my old self again. at least, i continue to hope that i do. maybe then my irrational fears will disappear and i'll go back to being the smooth-talking straight-shooter that i consider to be "me". in the meantime, i have to focus on mastering the first chapter in my pre-calculus book, ha ha ha. being a nice guy only goes a certain length...

* i guess that's all i really have to report at the moment. i'm back to catching my self getting lost in certain moments, so i know that i'm close to regaining what i feel i have lost this year. it's just a matter of time. and time is a constant which we can all count on, because no one controls it and we are all subject to it. yes, my friends, i can feel my self slowly returning to my old self, and when that is finally complete i firmly believe my enjoyment will go skyrocketing. this time i will not let things get over my head, i will be more patient, and i will do my due diligence by remaining calm. i have had a strange trip so far this year, but that doesnt mean that we cant improve upon the way things ended up, which was badly. in any case, thanks for reading...

edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment